Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spring Workday, Saturday May 20th 2006

Canceled for now. See April 7,8,9th meeting and work party.

Gang,

On my calendar I find spring 2006 is almost here. You know what that means, . . . we need a Spring Workday, Saturday 20MAY06.

While I was out of country, I got a voice mail from Jimmy Benckert that the water pump at the stream had gone out. It may be fixed by now, but if not, that's something we'll need to take repair, soon.

Please use email and/or this blog to discuss some of the major projects needed to be accomplished on this workday. Knowing what is desired will likely help all who have some tools to bring the appropriate ones.

I hope to arrive about 0900 Sat morning, 20MAY06.

I'll bring a few sandwich fixings for lunch on Saturday for those who work.

If we work hard maybe Sat evening we can encourage Randy to grill one of his famous pork loins; if he's not back from Texas, I'll throw one on the grill. Again, I'll plan to bring some sweet potatoes for baking, rolls, butter, etc.. . . if someone can bring the 'green beans' or corn for me to fix, it would be appreciated. If someone wants to bring some desert for after dinner; I'm sure no one will complain.

Sunday morning you may have to suffer again, but I'll bring eggs, sausage, scrapple, milk, etc. and maybe get Randy to make some of that good sausage gravy [if Randy is still in Texas, you'll get John's gravy instead], and I'll cook up enough scrambled eggs and hot biscuits for all those workers, . . . remember, " no work Saturday, no eat." Ha!"

Looking forward to seeing each of you and another fun spring weekend at VARC.

Thanks,

John Uecke

PS: Please telephone others that I don't have their e-mail or just forward this msg on if you do have their e-mail address and please send (cc) their address to me.

No comments: